Friday, August 17, 2007

Not that Biden!

I watched Biden in Iowa this week, in someone's living room, talking about the issues as he sees them. I watched him on Charlie Rose this week too, and thought he made some sense (about Iraq). I wasn't really considering him as "my" candidate, but I want to be informed, so I gave him some of my time.

As I learned about another infraction by this current administration (I'm new on the scene of the reality-based community), notably the repeal of the Posse Comitatus Act in 2006, in conjunction with the news about clergy aiding and abetting the Federal Government (h/t prisonplanet) in corraling the sheep, I found another good article (thirdworldtraveler) about the Act, that included this tidbit:

One of the most hawkish congressional enthusiasts for Bush's plans to send U.S. troops to the streets of Baghdad is Joseph Biden, Democrat of Delaware. Apparently he wants to see the same troops on the streets of U.S. cities. Interviewed on Fox News on July 21[2002], he strongly endorsed giving power of arrest to U.S. soldiers. Posse Comitatus, said Biden "has to be amended." Even Mr. Homeland Security Tom Ridge begged to differ.

OMG! It's bad enough that the Dems cave time after time, but Biden's endorsement is beyond my comprehension. Now he is definitely off my list, and I won't listen to him again. Obviously, he would not only NOT roll back Presidential powers, but would continue to expand them.

We live in scary times, folks. When, oh when, do we take to the streets????

No comments: