Friday, July 13, 2007

Support Our Troops?? Not the Republicans!

I am sick and tired of the Republicans shouting about supporting our troops and that if we are against the war, we are not supporting them. Bah! I say, Bah! Let's rip apart this curtain of lies: Forty-six of them voted AGAINST allowing the troops down time, away from battle, to recoup! Alas, my own very red Senator was one of them, so I sent the following message to him.
Senator Martinez,
I am extremely disappointed that you voted nay on the amendment to allow our soldiers and National Guard and Reserves some leave time away from battle. You and the Republicans repeat the meme "Support Our Troops" but you vote against everything that actually supports the troops in real ways.
These brave men and women deserve better, and you have let them down, again. I am going to write to each one from Florida that I know and let them know that you voted against giving them time away from battle.
It's no wonder recruitment numbers are down. I would advise any youth considering the armed services or National Guard against joining because the Republicans don't do as they say. There was absolutely no reason to block this admendment if you truly cared about these brave souls.
The polls that show lack of confidence in Congress is because We the People are disgusted with exactly these type of votes. Are you so interested in supporting the President that you won't support the troops in the areas where they really need it? Are you part of the 26% of this country that still thinks he's doing a good job? Are you willing to fight this fight until all of our armed forces are too exhausted or killed?
Let's get real about supporting our troops! I will watch every one of your votes for or against troop support and I will inform everybody I know how you vote. Your response is expected and appreciated.


"Red" = authoritarian/totalitarian
Screw the needs of the troops -- keep 'em fighting, down to the last one dragging ass in Iraq.

No comments: